Today, I made more tags for the plants that were in the Theatre Garden and did one last once-over of the garden after I received confirmation about plant locations.
A few of the plants that I had confirmed were:
- Aloe maculata
- Artemisia ludoviciana ‘Valerie Finnis’
- Manfreda x Agave ‘Bloodspot’
- Perovskia ‘Blue Spire’
- Salvia x sylvestris
- Sedum rupestre ‘Blue Spruce’
- Hylotelephium cauticola ‘Likadense’ (previously known as Sedum cauticola ‘Likadense’)
We also had an incident with some hens-and-chicks within the Theatre Garden. There are six Sempervivum within the garden, but we were not entirely sure which ones were which–and we only found invoices for two of them. Five of the Sempervivum had display labels, and one was an unidentifiable plant. Mindy, Kristina and I were pulling out our hair trying to figure out which ones were accounted for within BG Base, and which ones were not. I am ever-so thankful for Mindy’s help with changing around accession numbers and making accessions for these plants–it was a difficult task. This ate up the better part of the afternoon; the Sempervivum have definitely put themselves on my “Plants I Do Not Like” list.